Thursday, October 22, 2009

PLS HELP! Default Microsoft Word instead of Notepad?

I'm on my school website and I need to download some notes and it's on microsoft word, but everytime I open it... it automically brings me and opens it on notepad. How do I change the settings? -- It asks me in the internet security settings.. and asks you something.. allow or don't allow.. I want to default it to microsoft word 2007 instead of notepad.. pls help me! I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!!!



10 points for you, if you can help me get it to work. :)



PLS HELP! Default Microsoft Word instead of Notepad?antivirus software



right click the file and go to properties where it says opens with pick change and choose a program you like from there



PLS HELP! Default Microsoft Word instead of Notepad?computer virus



hmm for Windows right click on the document you want to read and open as should say Default and click notepad.
I suspect that the specific PC that you're using may not have the Microsoft Word program.



If it does have the program, I would do the following:



1. Right-click on the document icon that you're trying to open in MS Word.



2. Select Open with...



3. Choose program.



4. Scroll down and select the MS Word program.



5. Be sure to tick the check box that reads, "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".



6. Click OK.



7. Done.



I hope this info helps. Good luck!!!
right-click on the file and go to open with and choose program. there should be a check mark there somewhere to make that your default.

No comments:

Post a Comment