Monday, October 19, 2009

How can I transfer files via microsoft remote desktop?

I am using Microsoft Remote Desktop and am trying to figure out how to transfer files from my office computer to my laptop. I need to be able to edit and print microsoft works, word, and excel documents at home that are stored on my office computer. I then need to send back the edited files to my office computer. If d/l another free program would be easier to do this than microsoft remote desktop please let me know. I am also running xp on both computers. Thanks...



How can I transfer files via microsoft remote desktop?anti virus software



Funny enough, you can't transfer files via Remote Desktop. But if you want to work from home, why don't you just keep a USB thumb drive on your keychain and create a "Briefcase" folder on it? Drag your "My Documents" folder into the Briefcase, and you can keep your documents synced between your PC and laptop.



How can I transfer files via microsoft remote desktop?aurora



What are wanting to accomplish is not necessary with only a Remote Desktop Connection.



What you'll need to do is setup a VPN connection to your office so you can access shared files/drives. Then you can map your shared information at home and edit/print, whatever.



I'd consult your IT Manager at the office and they can very easily set this up for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment