Monday, October 19, 2009

Can't install Microsoft Office 2003 on a new Vista machine?

I have an original, genuine version of Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 on CD, which I've successfully installed on two Windows XP machines in the past. I now have a new Vista laptop and have tried installing MS Office (MS Office 2003 is supposed to be Vista-compatible), but I get the following error message every time I try:



Installation Error: File not Found



A required installation file MO561405.CAB could not be found



followed by a suggestion that I insert the CD. But the CD is in the drive (my computer has been using the CD to get to this stage) - I've confirmed the correct location (E:\), I've tried reinserting the CD, I've tried rebooting and reinstalling, I've cleaned the CD and I've ensured that all available Microsoft updates have been installed, but all to no avail. Does anyone know what the problem is here? Thanks!



Can't install Microsoft Office 2003 on a new Vista machine?computers



never heard o f such a problem, ask microsoft



Can't install Microsoft Office 2003 on a new Vista machine?hijack this



Perhaps it's the copyright infringement issue. It should be one CD for one computer. If you have another computer that needs the same software, you are supposed to purchase another CD. Microsoft is pretty strict about this lately. I think you should call mircrosoft and find out more about it.
see if this will work for u --- is a free program
Maybe your CD was corrupted

No comments:

Post a Comment