Monday, June 21, 2010

Stupid Microsoft Product Activation Bullshit problem?

I just bought a new computer, and reinstalled Office XP then guess what? It asks me to activate, which I try to do, then it gives me some stupid message to the effect of "this product has already been activated on another computer."



Duh! I switched computers you dumb ********, what do you expect? Are they saying if I switch computers I can never again use the software I paid for?



Called Microsoft then got some UK number (so fix the damn number on the software you idiots) and they say please call back at regular business hours. So I can't resolve this by phone apparently.



So does anyone know how to resolve this issue of installing the software on a new computer? Do I have to dig out my old computer and deactivate it or something? WTF, this is so stupid. I just love wasting time on stupid **** like this.



Stupid Microsoft Product Activation Bullshit problem?pc security



I feel your pain. Micro$oft has been yanking me around, too. Here's what I found out. If a M$ product uses a Product Key for activation (and just about everything does!), you can only use the product on one machine. So, if mom, dad and junior all have their own computer, someone has to shell out big bucks for 3 separate copies of XP, Office, etc.



The good news is, M$ will "usually" let a person use the same install disk on a different computer.... If you sign over your first born child, let them suck a gallon of blood from you, and chop off a specific body part of their choosing. (Just kidding about the gallon of blood!!)



Seriously, try this toll-free stateside number. Wait for the prompt for "licensing and registration." They should be able to resolve your problem and allow you to use your existing install CD. Good luck! I mean it.



1-866-234-6020

No comments:

Post a Comment