Monday, June 21, 2010

My Microsoft Word deleted my story!!!?

I was writing a story on Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I had almost finished the chapter I was on, but I can't find it now! I saved it every couple of paragraphs that I wrote, but now it's like I never even wrote anything! I was writing it on a downloaded document, but I can't even find it in the Downloads folder. Does anyone know how I can try to get it back?



My Microsoft Word deleted my story!!!?pop up blocker



If you "downloaded" that file in an email, then opened it from the email and started editing, I'm afraid all your work is gone.



Opening a file and editing this way creates a temporary file for Word to use, then immediately deletes the file after Word is finiished running. ALWAYS save an email attachment, then run the application on the saved document.



Sorry.



My Microsoft Word deleted my story!!!?systemworks



Way to go! Report It


When you are typing something important remember this one fact always:



Save every five minutes.



Check your 'recent documents' on the Start Bar and see if it's identified there and re-open it.



Sarge
hmm... try to go to the start menu, then My Recent Documents maybe? i hope this works!!
Try searching your computer with the name that you used when you saved it and limit the search to documents only. Maybe your computer will find that you saved it somewhere else.
You probably saved in in the temporary folder. Try using search to find it or recent documents.
start all programs accessories - system tools - system restore



assuming your using windows XP (you did not say what version of windows your using)
Hit start-%26gt;search files/folders. Might be in Recent Docs.



Type part of the name and search.



If it's no there you'll have to grab an undelete program.

No comments:

Post a Comment